- Category: Restorative Dentistry
Page 2 of 5
Inlays Onlays Benefits
- Color: With regards to the color of the tooth, patients need not worry about discoloration with inlay/onlays as is sometimes seen in other resin fillings.
- Stability: Inlays/onlays are a great alternative to dental crowns for patients with mild to moderate tooth decay as the conservative method preserves as much of the natural tooth as possible.
- Hygiene: The fit of the inlay/onlays is designed to perfectly fit your tooth. It can actually be easier to clean than if you were to have a dental crown. Also, some dental composite fillings can shrink while being cured with the high intensity light. With pre-constructed inlays/onlays, that is not the case.
- Structure: Because of its ability to preserve much of the natural tooth, only restoring the areas affected by the decay ensures proper functionality and long lasting effects.
- Flossing: For patients with cavities between their teeth, inlays are often preferred as they offer better sealing against bacteria and are easy to clean.
- Strength: Inlays/onlays offer a stable solution for strengthening decayed teeth. The inlays/onlays protect the weakened and damaged areas of the tooth without having to contour the entire tooth structure.